My Aquarium

This is my sweet little aquarium. I am maintaining it for the past 5 years. I have some gold fish, SK Gold , shark and one Sucker cat. I dont like plastic plants and what you see in the video below are live plants. I feed my marine friends alternate days. At nights i switch of the aquarium lights. Because fishes dont have eye lids, having continious light will make them restless. Also switching off lights in the night gives them the sense of day & night.




Tips to a healthy aquarium

  • Avoid plastic plants, go for natural water plants
  • Maintain appropriate warm temperature during winters
  • Install a good water filter and clean the filter every week
  • Dont keep the Aquarium light 'ON' the whole night. Fishes dont have eye lids, so by switching off lights in the night will make them relaxed
  • Make sure enough oxygen is fed to the water through your filter. Fishes depend solely on dissolved oxygen in water

Comments

  1. It is very nice aquarium with cute and pleasant looking fishes. Its a nice thought to have had natural aquatic plants, though it is difficut to maintain the mineature sea. Reason being, oxygen given out by plants are useful for fishes and inturn the co2 from fishes are useful for the plants that help in photosynthesis. Even if you forget to give them food for a day or two, these plants will serve as their foodand help them survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was earlier with Venkataramanan Associates and trying real hard to get in touch with Selva Kumar of Visual Tantra and the Cell Nos. i am having are not valid.

    Can you kindly share his cell nos. else ask Selva Kumar to contact me..... Am Prasad G Rao Cell # 99450 13431

    Thanks, Prasad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment